You wrote, produced, mixed, and mastered your work of art. Ahhhh! Feels good, right? It feels so good, in fact, that you want to tell your friends, family, and strangers right this very second! After all, you spent countless hours on your music, and you are very proud of the outcome. But hold on, it’s important to craft up a well-thought-out game plan before becoming an email blasting–phone-dialing–social media-hashtagging-spammy-mick-spammer. So, we at M!D TV are offering 11 ways to promote your music effortlessly.
1. Mix your new tunes into your get together or party playlist.
2. Put a link to your music channel in your email signature.
3. Add your music channel link to your social media bios.
4. Pitch your music to YouTubers/vloggers or online movie/show directors to use in their pieces.
5. Go old school: Head out to a public venue (beach, subway, or anywhere you are allowed) and jam out. Make sure to have a flyer/poster board next to you listing your social media handles and music profiles.
6. Collaborate with another musician with a similar style.
7. Follow, like, and comment on a fellow musician's work.
8. Know a group of dancers? Pitch your music to the choreographer and their crew. They may be looking for your type of music for their next video or dance piece.